• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Help identify (Kosmoid Time Recorder) "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hello everyone, this is an open questions to the clockaholics that hang around here....this time recorder was a table top designed unit. The lever on the side advanced the tape, rings a bell and stamps the time on the roll of paper that transfers from one spool to the other. The small window on top is open and people would sign the paper, the time and date would be stamped on the side of the paper. It uses a fusee time only movement and appears to be well made. It was made by Kosmoid. Does anyone know any history about this company, etc? Thank you

Derek

I'm not sure the photos will be very good, they seem to be a little out of focus (operator error I'm sure).

Posts: 172 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: July 06, 2004
posted
dial

posted
movement, the date and time stamping wheels were lifted off the movement and are sitting on the paper spool

posted
I did a google search and there was a 1923 British War Office complaint of non-supply of Kosmoid time ribbons. Was Kosmoid a British time recorder manufacturer?

Derek

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Derek, I have not been able to find anything about Kosmoid Time Recorders. That is a very interesting timepiece you have.

A google search turned up the KOSMOID conspiracy where Kelvin and others lost money in a metal to gold scheme, and a few other interesting things, but nothing about the clock maker.

I will keep trying, and hope somebody comes up with something. There must be some record of the maker.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002