• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Gustav Becker Jeweler regulator "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Did Gustav Becker ever make a jewelers Regulator time only movement, one weight, where the movement was in the range of 8" tall and 6" wide? Preferably 60 BPM, and second hand, either sweep or in a sub dial. Does that model have a name? Would anyone know the movement model number? I am familiar with GB P-16, P-18, P-54 etc as movements. If there were such regulators. Any chance anyone has a movement picture or two? Thank you , Art

Posts: 29 | Location: Pulaski, New York U.S.A. | Registered: March 15, 2004
posted
In the moment i have a Gustav Becker Precision/Observatory Regulator here to restore.
It is one weight driven, very heavy royal compensating pendulum, Graham escapement with ruby pallets, sub second dial, ruby bearings etc.
I think this is what you call a "jewelers Regulator"? There is no model number on the movement. Only a serial number.
I will make some pictures when i start to restore the movement. But this will take a while.
Regards
Holger

Posts: 16 | Location: Augsburg, Germany | Registered: May 24, 2005
posted
Indded they did. I am selling a book on Ebay as we speak, that is a guide to Gustav Becker clocks. In it are images of a precision regulator as well as another high grade regulator. I have no idea how to post an image here, but will be happy to send some to you of the book pages.

Posts: 131 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: February 12, 2003
posted
Mr. Cunningham, please send the number of the auction. If it is "the Gustav Becker Story", or "Gustav Becker Clocks" I have those, and they have very little detail on the clock type I discribed.
Holgar, please send me your E-Mail adress so we can correspond directly. I would very much like to see pictures of the clock movement you have. It sounds like what I am seeking. Thank you, Art DeKalb

posted
Arthur, I sent that to you by email, and am happy to help.

Posts: 131 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: February 12, 2003
Vienna Regulators
IHC Member 313
posted
Holger would like to see pictures of the Gustav Becker astro(?) movement. Have examined several Becker Astos and precision clocks with all of them made by other vendors for Becker.Have doubts if Becker ever made any except early on for exhibitions.Thanks Doug Barr

Posts: 287 | Location: Westlake, Ohio U.S.A. | Registered: January 11, 2004
posted
Doug, Do you have any pictures of the GB Astro regulator movements you have or have seen? Can you give some information about them? When made? Configuration? How typically cased? Are any shown in any books? ANY information greatly appreciated. Does anyone out in the Clock universe have any information or pictures to share? Art DeKalb

Vienna Regulators
IHC Member 313
posted
I examined several about 15 years ago for Trans book on Gustav Becker. All were Lenzkirk movements or other german movements. All were excellent quality. The person who had these is now deceased and his collection was sold a number of years ago.

Posts: 287 | Location: Westlake, Ohio U.S.A. | Registered: January 11, 2004
posted
Douglas, i will surely make some pictures from the clock. But you must be patient some weeks because i start with the movement when the case comes back from restoring at my carpenter. The movement is hardly abused, so i think it will be a good object for a picture report in "time on my hands".
And tomorrow i will leave to vacation in italy for two weeks with my family, no clocks, no watches, no telephone and no computer.
Regards
Holger

posted
Holger, I appologize for mis spelling your name in my first response. I too look forward to the pictures. Hope you have ( or had ) a good holiday.

Doug: you mention Lentzkirch movements. Is Lentzkirk a maker, style, or location. Thanks, Art

posted
As i promised, but sooo much later i add some pictures.
Sorry!I missed to make some "before" pictures.
In the moment the movement runs for testing. The only important thing to do is, making new ruby pallets and a better suspension spring. But i think my customer will not pay this.
If i find time, i will try to make some better pictures later. The case is restored, and i will make some pictures also when the clock is compleeted.
A great 2006 for all,
and here are the first pictures: