Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Commemorative or Presentation Plates on Clocks. "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
What are your views on these plates,Leave on or remove?. I have seen several clocks with obvious signs that plates were once affixed on them ,personally I like to see them left as in my opinion they are part of the history of the clock. What prompted me to post this was I am sitting next to a Triple Chain Fusee Bracket Clock and it has the most intrigueing plate ever, and it's 100 yrs old this month I just noticed. So what's your opinion?. Ged.

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
I'm with you. Anything that is part of the history of the clock I find interesting.

Now that you have aroused our curiosity, and we know you have mastered the are of picture taking, and posting........

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Personally I like the presentation plates to be present. I have a small black French clock with a presentation to "Rev. Benjamin Martin, AM, by his Bible class, Leslie, 12 Jan. 1865" This is a special clock to me in that my only niece was born on Jan. 12, 1965 - 100 years later. Another French clock here has scratched inside the front or back plate that it was cleaned and serviced by such and such, age 16 in the mid 1920's. I have often wondered what happened to him. There's a Becker Westminster bracket that belonged to my Dad here also and some screw holes indicate where the plate was removed.

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Picture of Presentation Plate , Wonder what the story is behind this?.

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
SORRY ABOUT DELAY, Visitor arrived, Will post pic's of complete clock tomorrow. I have to go up pub now to wind clock in bar. Ged.

posted
Intersting clock Ged, i would leave the plate on as it adds to the history of the clock.
You have a good reason to go to the pub now to wind the clock, maybe my local pub has a old clock, ummmmmmm. Smile

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
That is an interesting one Ged. "for past kindness" It makes you wonder what the story is.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
As Promised Pictures of Triple Chain Fusee Clock

Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Pic2

Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Pi'3

Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Pic'4

Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Promise, Last one, no-5,

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Beautiful clock Ged!! Thanks for posting. Great clock and pictures. Please post more when you get the chance. These are a fine addition to our site.

Tom