WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Welcome Aboard IHC185™     Internet Horology Club 185    IHC185™ Discussion Site Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Horological Discussions, Questions and Answers  Hop To Forums  Clocks, Including 400-Day Discussions    Gilbert #3 Wall Regulator (trying to continue to stimulate a little activity)
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Gilbert #3 Wall Regulator (trying to continue to stimulate a little activity) "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Gilbert #3. Case is rosewood with applied composite moldings. Weight drops behind a partition board behind the pendulum. I am not sure what the wood (Blonde in color) inside the case is. Any thoughts?

Derek

Posts: 172 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: July 06, 2004
posted
Derek, nice clock, interesting the position of the winding arbour.Would this be a time only?
As for the wood, i am not a woodworker, i would guess maybe birch?

posted
Kevin, that is a pretty good guess on the wood. I'm not sure, it might be birch, mahogany or cherry, or it could be something else. I'm sure its not oak but it does have a golden yellowish tint to it. Anyway, it is a time only weight driven 80 beat movement. Thanks for your input.

Derek

Picture of Grant Perry
posted
Gee, that is a tough one Derek, but I'm sure if you send the clock to me I can give you the correct answer Smile
Nice clock!
gp

Grant Perry

Posts: 334 | Location: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: January 28, 2003
posted
I don,t know, if Grant gets his hands on it, he will hold onto it.He likes clocks like i do. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

posted
You guys don't realize how relieved I am, now that I know when I run out of wall or shelf space, where I can send a clock or two for safe keeping. Whew! what a relief. Big Grin