Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Bracket Clock with detent escapement "Click" to Login or Register 
Vienna Regulators
IHC Member 313
posted
Found this at a national a few years ago and finally completed it. It appears to be English,late 19th or early 20th century.It has a detented escapement mounted to the front plate.The pendulum is one half seconds so the escapement is released every second. Very accurate.Any other information out there?

Posts: 287 | Location: Westlake, Ohio U.S.A. | Registered: January 11, 2004
Vienna Regulators
IHC Member 313
posted
The escapement

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Doug,
English clocks are not my forte so I cannot add information here. I do, however, like the lines of that clock. Very pleasing. Great clock! I would like to learn more about it also.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Nice clock Doug, i like the look of it but i would like to see the movment sometime, good job on restoring it. Smile

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Doug,
Is that movement held up by the pillars (I can see one on the left.) or is it attached to the backboard? Or both?

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Vienna Regulators
IHC Member 313
posted
Tom held up by the pillars. see pix

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
That is soooo neat! A very good looking clock!

Tom