Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

What do you think of this one? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Its got to go, the noise when it strikes drives me and Joyce crazy, Talk about a fire-engine on a call. I'll put it in local sale , Some semi deaf person might love it. It was covered in oil and dust when I got it, cleaned up okay didn't it?. Regards, Ged.

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Picture of Wooden Plate movement.

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003
Picture of Greg Reeves
posted
nice! Whats the name/age?

Greg

Posts: 497 | Location: Genoa, New York U.S.A. | Registered: November 06, 2003
posted
Nice clock Ged, you could remove the gong, then it would be quiet.
It is a neat clock, probaly unusual and old. Smile

Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Hello All, I don't know too much about these clocks, only that they are German ,Often called Black Forest Clocks, I found 1875 Written in pencil on the movement when cleaning it. Ged. On ly clock I've ever seen with the Trains one behind the other. Its still got to go. Kevin it has a huge Bell on top, Hence the Fire-Engine sound.

posted
Ged a nice clock, whether loud or not.Would probaly fetch a pretty fair price.In great shape for it,s age. Smile : Wink

Vienna Regulators
IHC Member 313
posted
The clock you have is known as a "Postmans Clock". The type clock and movement were made from the 1820's tell the 1890's. The clock was made for public places ( often felt the should call them tavern mans clock). The early ones had the 2 trains back to back, the latter movements side to side. Usually 30 hour clocks. Looks like a English wall clock but sold for a fifth of the price. A good book to read if anyone is interested is "Black Forest Clock" by Rick Ortenburger. This is the best English language one.

Posts: 287 | Location: Westlake, Ohio U.S.A. | Registered: January 11, 2004