• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Seth Thomas Adamantine Mantle Clock "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I just bought this one, although I am not a clock guy. I don't remember seeing one like this before, it's very pretty. Ony of you clock guys seen one like this? Joe cook2222@bellsouth.net

Posts: 28 | Location: Georgia in the United States | Registered: February 03, 2011
posted

Posts: 28 | Location: Georgia in the United States | Registered: February 03, 2011
posted

posted

posted

Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Those are very nice clocks and it looks like yours is in pristine condition.
Since one of these lives next door to me, I am familiar with them.

The MON thru me for a second, but I see its a sticker on the glass. I'm surprised the Model of the clock isn't on the label. Maybe I just can't make it out.

Lucky You !!

Bill

Bill Carlson

Posts: 431 | Location: Billings, Montana USA | Registered: February 05, 2007
IHC Life Member
posted
Interesting piece of craftsmanship. And I'm surprised that there is no name on the dial, since the label says that there should be if it's genuine. Smile
Regards, Krister

Posts: 375 | Location: Backaryd, Sweden | Registered: April 19, 2009
posted
Bill and Krister thanks for your comments. It is a beautiful clock and unusual. I wondered why Seth Thomas is not on the clock myself. Bill does the one next door have the same dial as this one and does it have Seth Thomas on the dial? If the dial has been changed out they really picked a good one More comments appreciated. Joe

Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Hi Joe,

I was wrong on a few major particulars. The neighbor's clock is a ST Adamantine "Sucile", with a different case,dial and movement than yours.

I am using the Tran Duy Ly, 1985 ST Clocks and Movements Book and I don't see a movement like yours in his pictures of movements, or a dial like yours either. I don't think I have ever seen a movement without the ST and model # marking on the back plate either.

There maybe another book out that has more movements and dials information. Maybe someone else can help some more.
I'll post the photos of the Seth Thomas "Sucile".

Its still a nice looking clock no matter what!

Bill Carlson

Picture of Bill Carlson
posted

Bill Carlson

Picture of Bill Carlson
posted

Bill Carlson

Picture of Bill Carlson
posted

Bill Carlson

Picture of Bill Carlson
posted

Bill Carlson

Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
This is a Sessions with a similar dial and it has the F-S adjustment at the top like yours. Maybe someone replaced the ST dial and movement with a Sessions. The movement should be marked if its a Sessions also, and probably the dial also.

Bill Carlson

posted
Bill, Thanks for the update and the pics. You can't see it from the pics I have but the S/T is on my movement, but not the dial. Thankfully they picked out a good looking dial even if it is a substitute. Joe

Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Joe,

Does the movement have a number on it. Most do and I'm just curious as to what it is.

I'm glad its a ST movement to go with a nice clock.

Bill Carlson

posted
Bill, I don't have the movement with me, it is in transit now from the man I bought it from. I had a better picture of the movement showing what I think is the S/T emblem. When it arrives I'll post a better picture of the movement and the serial #. Joe

posted
Hi Joseph,I'm no expert,but I've owned a number of these.Your clock has what is called a 'HIP'movement.It was used up until 1901 when they changed to the 89 movement.Here is a web address with a good history on Seth Thomas Adamantine clocks.

Seth Thomas Adamantine Clock History

Regards,Norm

Posts: 484 | Location: Georgia in the United States | Registered: August 04, 2010
Picture of Bill Carlson
posted
Norm,

Thanks for the answer on Joe's clock with that link. Good information!!

Bill Carlson

posted
Thanks for the link Norm, great stuff. Joe

posted
Bill, Norm & Krister The clock came in today and I made some better pitures. It runs and strikes very good. You can see the S/T trade mark on the movement, but no mention of S/T on the dial. The dial looks too good not to be original. Like I said before I am not a clock guy and will sell this one. If anyone is interested let me know. cook2222@bellsouth.net

my pictures

posted

my pictures

posted

my pictures