• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

JJ Elliot Longcase Clock "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have inherited a long case clock manufactured by JJ Elliott, but not sure if it was before he amalgamated with Grimshaw Baxter. I have a copy of a catalogue with a clock that resembles it from some time after 1909, however the catalogue has Arabic numbered on the clock face while the clock I have has Roman numbers on the face.

The clock was the property of Dr Samuel Evans, who was my Great Grandfather. He moved to South Africa around 1901 but I am unsure if he brought the clock with him or imported it at a later date.

I would really like to know more about the clock and get an estimated date of manufacture.

Posts: 3 | Location: Port Alfred in South Africa | Registered: February 14, 2024
posted
Full image of clock

Posts: 3 | Location: Port Alfred in South Africa | Registered: February 14, 2024
posted
Catalogue

Life Achievement
Military Expert
Picture of Greg Crockett
posted
Very nice. Not something I have seen in Michigan! Thanks for posting.

Posts: 1991 | Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA | Registered: November 24, 2002