Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Three Kids Who Get's IT. "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Hello Again, I'll try to post picture of Skeleton Clock, Here goes

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Another View,

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Last Pic' I promise,

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Beautiful clock Ged. (Great pictures too.) Can you give some info about the clock?

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Stephen L. Russell
posted
That is fantastic,I would like to know more about it too.

Posts: 849 | Location: Victoria, British Columbia Canada | Registered: December 05, 2003
posted
Ged,

This is one very cool clock!! Cool

I'm sure the story on this one will be interesting.

Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Glad You liked The Skeleton. I bought it from a dealer friend in 1969 for £17.50 it had been found in a roof-space and was completely black and seized solid inc chain, I soaked it in a bath of kerosine/diesel oil mix for a month, Then lots of hard work and polishing, of course the glass dome was missing so I bought some stuffed birds under a dome and ditched the birds. I think the kids will have to draw lots for who gets which clock when I'm gone. I'll take some more pics' of some better clocks when I get around to it. Thanks for comments, Ged.

IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...very nice indeed, Ged...you've done a beautiful job with it...have always wanted a 'skeleton'...is it a good timekeeper?...

Jim
IHC#234

Posts: 872 | Location: Kingsville, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 16, 2003
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Hello Jim, It is a very good time-keeper, I am very lax at keeping clocks wound, and at the moment out of 14 different clocks in my lounge I only have one of my Vienna Regulators running. Ged.

Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
Ged,
That is a very nice clock! Wouldn't that be considered a "Fusee Clock" due to the fusee type winding chain?. I have only seen one other like yours. It is in an Oceanside, Ca antique shop with a very hefty price attached. A wise investment back in 1969 Big Grin Big Grin

Bruce Byrd

Posts: 888 | Location: San Diego, California USA | Registered: December 27, 2002
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Bruce, The clock is known as a Fusee Passing Strike Skeleton Clock. Passing Strike as it only strikes one stroke on the hour,Although it is a relatively inexpensive clock it is one of my favourites, possibly due to the many hours i put into it.Aided by my friend who now lives in Idaho. He was a Captain in the USAF living very near me where I used to live close by Mildenhall Airbase. We spent many hours together in quest of clocks. Ged.

posted
Verry nice clock Ged, quite unusual, nice clock and your hard work paid off, looks great.

IHC Member 43
posted
Ged, Very nice skeleton clock, they have been one of my favorits for years. I recently acquired one that I really enjoy. Too bad I have been buying too many clocks lately and didn't have money to buy a digital camera so I could post a pix. Maybe one of these days...

Curly

Posts: 251 | Location: Ashland, Wisconsin U.S.A. | Registered: November 22, 2002
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Hello Curly, Glad to hear you got a Skeleton Clock, Is it a striker? 1,2,and 3train versions are available over here, I'd really like a 2 or 3 train type but they are expensive, and I'm afraid my wife doesn't share my enthusiasm for aquisition of yet more clocks, She says "what do you want more for ,at your age" Regards, Ged. PS,Can you imagine the packing and shipping hassle of a clock and glass dome, I shudder to think about it.