Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

What is this ??? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
This has been sitting on my desk for a while and I have been scratching my head as to what it is or may be a part of. I feel it has something to do with a clock so I posted in this section.

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
IHC Life Member
posted
Back side (or front??) pinion slides up and engages the gear train inside

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
IHC Life Member
posted
side view of gear train

IHC Member 1342
posted
Hi Rob - It looks like a rotor for an electric clock, similar to a Telechron. Just google Telechron, There are a few good web sites and a book about them. You will also see alot of images to help you out. This is from the inside of the "motor case".
Smile

Marc Micale

Posts: 143 | Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin in the USA | Registered: September 16, 2009
Picture of Ernie Loga
posted
I believe that is the mechanism for a combination lock on a safe.

Posts: 900 | Location: Wisconsin in the U.S.A. | Registered: April 28, 2008
IHC Life Member
posted
Thanks it has had me scratching my head.