Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Atmos clock adjustments "Click" to Login or Register 
<Doug Sinclair>
posted
Atmos experts,

I have an Atmos clock in my shop right now that came to me with damage to the lever fork, and broken chain in the winding mechanism. I have the damaged lever fork sorted out, the chain replaced, the movement cleaned and running nicely. The bellows tests out as in good order. I have been watching for evidence that the clock has been winding properly. To date, nothing has happened. With it having been worked on before, and having arrived here with a broken chain, I don't know how the winding mechanism would have been originally set up. Can anyone outline the steps for me as to the correct way to set the winding mechanism? I took a look at Mike's website, and it has a lot of information, but I didn't find much about the proper way of assembling one of these so that they wind correctly.

Thanks for any help someone might be able to offer.

Doug S.

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Doug, I have never ventured into the guts of an atmos. Here is a link to a site of someone who does repair. I don't know the person, but he may be open to questions or giving a littl help.

This is the atmos repair site.

Those are great clocks. Good luck with that one. Please post what you find out.

Tom Seymour
NAWCC #41293
IHC #104
IHC Exec.V.P.

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
<Doug Sinclair>
posted
Tom and others,

Mike Murray was kind enough to reply to my question regarding the setting up of the mainspring during re-assembly. I'll let you know how I make out.

Doug S.