Internet Horology Club 185
31 Day Mongomery Ward Regulator

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9886029761/m/6061013903

April 25, 2008, 11:55
George A. Mandalou
31 Day Mongomery Ward Regulator
I recently picked up the captioned clock and need some repair instructions. Can anyone recommend a good book to repair this relatively modern wall clock? Any information is greatly appreciated, Geo.

George Mandalou
April 25, 2008, 12:20
James G. Fischer
George,

What seems to be wrong with it? I've had a similar clock recently. Maybe more info on how it's not working can help us guide you in the right direction.

Jim Fischer
April 25, 2008, 14:11
George A. Mandalou
The clock looks in good shape but the mainspring will not wind and unwind evenly. I unwound it with the mechanism on a stand and oiled it and then rewound it and its running but very weak. It does not seem as if the mainspring is delivering full power. I may have to disassemble it and replace the mainspring. It would be helpful to have an exploded view of this clock to disassemble it. Geo.

George Mandalou
April 27, 2008, 16:02
James G. Fischer
George,

Sounds like a new MS is needed for sure. These 31 day clocks are usually Korean or other Asian - is that so? If so, it probably has a loop-end MS requiring disassembly to get it out. I would recommend Bob Tascione's DVD series, Tascione Beginners Clock Repair Course - at www.tascione.com. It shows you how to do that job - and a lot more. Good luck.

Jim Fischer