• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

31 Day Mongomery Ward Regulator "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I recently picked up the captioned clock and need some repair instructions. Can anyone recommend a good book to repair this relatively modern wall clock? Any information is greatly appreciated, Geo.

George Mandalou

Posts: 15 | Location: Tarpon Springs, Florida USA | Registered: May 02, 2007
posted
George,

What seems to be wrong with it? I've had a similar clock recently. Maybe more info on how it's not working can help us guide you in the right direction.

Jim Fischer

Posts: 17 | Location: Near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: November 03, 2007
posted
The clock looks in good shape but the mainspring will not wind and unwind evenly. I unwound it with the mechanism on a stand and oiled it and then rewound it and its running but very weak. It does not seem as if the mainspring is delivering full power. I may have to disassemble it and replace the mainspring. It would be helpful to have an exploded view of this clock to disassemble it. Geo.

George Mandalou

Posts: 15 | Location: Tarpon Springs, Florida USA | Registered: May 02, 2007
posted
George,

Sounds like a new MS is needed for sure. These 31 day clocks are usually Korean or other Asian - is that so? If so, it probably has a loop-end MS requiring disassembly to get it out. I would recommend Bob Tascione's DVD series, Tascione Beginners Clock Repair Course - at www.tascione.com. It shows you how to do that job - and a lot more. Good luck.

Jim Fischer

Posts: 17 | Location: Near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: November 03, 2007