• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

New Haven Thermostat clock. "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I picked up an early thermostat with a New Haven Clock attached to it. I think it was made by Honeywell, but not sure. I thought it was pretty unique. Everything works on it, except the thermometer is damaged. Just looking for some information on it. I have it running and it is keeping good time. It has a service mark of 4-30, and what I have read they were one of the first programable thermostats of its time. Any info would be great.

Brian

Posts: 130 | Location: Southern Mississippi in the USA | Registered: February 25, 2007
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Sounds really interesting... I gotta see a picture!

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
I will try my skill in uploading a photo.

Posts: 130 | Location: Southern Mississippi in the USA | Registered: February 25, 2007
posted
Here are a couple of pics. I did remove the broken thermometer. If I can find one I will replace it. The clock actually has an alarm that would start the furnace. The bottom half is a standard thermostat from Honeywell that ties into the alarm of the clock which initiates contact, starting the furnace. The movement has a balance wheel, hairspring like a watch.

posted
Pic 1

posted
Pic 2

IHC Life Member
posted
Here are some pics of a Honeywell unit from I think from the 1920's. Brian, I think yours is much more stylish.

Posts: 1078 | Location: Ticonderoga, New York USA | Registered: March 01, 2008
posted
Slightly different than mine, but still think it is unique. I think yours may be newer, just based on the AM/PM timer/alarm setting. I want to say circa 1930 to 1940 for these styles?

Brian