Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

My Single Weight Vienna Problem. "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Hello All, My Single Weight has presented me with a little problem, The Hour hand has started to slip and now hangs loosely at or near no 6. I shall have to stop it and remove face to remedy this nuisance. It has been fine since I serviced it and fitted new artificial Gut line 2 years ago. I always think of clocks as Female, You know, Unpredictable, Ornery and looking to find we poor males a job when we look to have "TIME" (Pun Intended) on our Hands. Regards, Ged.

Single Weight Vienna

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
That clock is a beauty Ged! Floppy hour hand should not be to difficult to fix.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...nice clock Ged!...fashioning a round or partial thin brass shim for the hour tube or sweating a thin layer of solder inside the hour hand should be a 'piece-of-cake' for a plumber/pipefitter... Smile

Posts: 872 | Location: Kingsville, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 16, 2003
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Hello All, Hour Hand tightened ,now all okay. My Pencil note on rear of face reminded me of Sept 1996 I paid £325 for it from a lady whose house I was working in at the time ,(fixing her heating system). Thats around $550. I think I did alright. Thanks for interest. Regards, Ged.

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Great news Ged! You did very well on that clock. That is one outstanding case.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Nice clock Ged, and good to hear the repair job is sucessful.
If you get tired looking at that old thing send it to me, i have room on my walls. Big Grin Big Grin