Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hermle 150-010 Issue "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Ken Knight
posted
I am working on a bracket clock with a Hermle 150-010 flat spring balance wheel movement. It runs well, but when I set the beat to the recommended setting 9000 BHP, it runs fast. I did some quick calculations an came up with a number of 8992 to correct it.

Do others have problems with these movements? This is not the first time I have encountered this.

Posts: 285 | Location: Springfield, Ohio in the USA | Registered: June 06, 2008
posted
HELLO KEN,THE ERROR COULD BE IN YOUR TIMEING DEVICE THERE IS A MINUTE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 9000 AND WHAT YOUR FINAL FIGURE IS. A FLOATING BALLANCE CAN DRIVE YOU NUTS SOME OF THEM DONOT REACT TO ADJUSTMENTS I HAVE FOUND THAT THEY ARE NOT 100% TRUST WORTHY. EDDIE

Posts: 140 | Location: St. Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: June 11, 2008
Picture of Ken Knight
posted
Just in case other are looking at this thread, the movement (6 months old) goes nuts on occassion and will gain 10 to 15 minutes a day, then return to normal.

Perhaps I need to return it to Mark Butterworth and get a replacement. :-)

Posts: 285 | Location: Springfield, Ohio in the USA | Registered: June 06, 2008
posted
hello ken, the floating ballance bracket isn't loose is it, also does the pallet bracket fit properly in the ballance fork? eddie

Posts: 140 | Location: St. Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: June 11, 2008