• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

"Label 295" Seth Thomas "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have an Adamantine Seth Thomas.On the back is a label which tells the owner to refer to "label 295" when writing for materials. What can you tell me about this clock based on this reference please? The label has a patent date of Sept. 17 1880 but I am not sure if the clock is that old. The only visible marking on the movement besides the ST logo is what looks like "4 1/2".

Posts: 25 | Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: December 18, 2007
posted
John, Can you let us see a picture?

Posts: 124 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: May 27, 2009
posted
Sorry, Also can you see the name of the label printer? Mike

Posts: 124 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: May 27, 2009
posted
Your Adamantine clock should have a letter and 4 numbers on it.It should look like this 5981A.This is the date of manufacture.It is written backwards.The letter stands for the month,the numbers for the year.The letters A through L stand for the year.A5981 would be January 1895.You can Google "Dating Seth Thomas Clocks "and find a lot of info. Norm

Posts: 484 | Location: Georgia in the United States | Registered: August 04, 2010