Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

New member of the family! "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Sam Williamson
posted
Well, my first(actually second, the first isn't back yet)clock. Ca.1890 Ansonia calander clock, I don't know what this particular model was called, but we are very happy with it!

Sam Williamson

Posts: 618 | Location: Northwestern Florida in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 27, 2002
posted
Without dial.

Sam Williamson

Posts: 618 | Location: Northwestern Florida in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 27, 2002
posted
Movement.

Sam Williamson

posted
Sam,
What a nice addition to your family. As well as being a nice clock, it will never have colic, need new shoes, want a driver’s license or go to college. The clock will never borrow money, either. Why did we not think of that when we were having kids?

Posts: 311 | Location: Berthoud, Colorado USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Ah, Sam!! The hunt is finally successful! Great catch!!

This is the picture of it from Tran's Ansonia book.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Sam, nice looking wall clock...good looking dial and lower stenciled glass. Congradulations

Derek

Posts: 172 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: July 06, 2004
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Very nice and unusual clock Sam,

Ansonias have quite a following and we have many topics about them...

Find or Search for "Ansonia" in our Clocks Forum

Here is one close to my heart...

Click for topic: The Ansonia Clock we call "Margaret"

Congratulations on your acquisition,

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Thanks guys! The dial on my clock is not original, it is pieced together in 2 parts & appears to have been done many,many years ago. Other than that, it seems all original & is keeping good time, I'll be tweaking the regulation for a while though. Would love to find an original dial for it, but my clockmaker told me not to hold my breath. Actually, I kind of like the current one, seems to be hand painted and not quite perfect.

Sam Williamson