WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Welcome Aboard IHC185™     Internet Horology Club 185    IHC185™ Discussion Site Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Horological Discussions, Questions and Answers  Hop To Forums  Clocks, Including 400-Day Discussions    While I was walking my dogs or is that really a Williard banjo in your garage
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

While I was walking my dogs or is that really a Williard banjo in your garage "Click" to Login or Register 
Vienna Regulators
IHC Member 313
posted
The dogs and I were out walking several weekends ago and ran in too a fellow NAWCC member. After talking with Nick (name has been changed to protect the guilty) it seems he has a slight problem with cars. He likes a certain type of car with flying lady hood ornament and it seems that the paint job may be running a few thousnad more (45!!) then he thought. So he needs a few more thousand and by the way that old regulator hanging in his garage may be for sale at a reasonable price and after the walk why not stop over....Well it has been a good decade plus since I have been in the garage and I remember seeing a howard or hatch type regulator buried in the back and Nick's price seemed to be reasonable and anything to help out a fellow NAWCC member so the dogs and I went for look on the way home......Any idea who made this clock?

Posts: 287 | Location: Westlake, Ohio U.S.A. | Registered: January 11, 2004
Vienna Regulators
IHC Member 313
posted
With doors open

Vienna Regulators
IHC Member 313
posted
The pend. is wild has adjustment for cold and hot. The metal cylinders are made from a alloy of some type.

Vienna Regulators
IHC Member 313
posted
Hot cold

Vienna Regulators
IHC Member 313
posted
top of pend.

Vienna Regulators
IHC Member 313
posted
bottom of pend.

Vienna Regulators
IHC Member 313
posted
bob adjustment

Vienna Regulators
IHC Member 313
posted
Movement

Vienna Regulators
IHC Member 313
posted
Any idea who made this? I have several banjos of this type. Cases run 50 to 56 inches. Note the bottom of the case is smaller then usual due to the shape of the bob.Clock is from the 1830'to mid century.

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Absolutely beautiful Doug!

What a complicated pendulum that is.

Hope you're able to develop the whole story.

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002