Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

400 Day Disc Pendulum "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
I got this at the same auction last Sunday (I did have fun!!) The only marking on the back plate is "Made in Germany" and a serial number. The dial also has "Made in Germany".

The best I can figure by looking in the Horolovar Guide, is that it was made by Keinzle. It matches plate 1435(pg. 135) and is dated cir. 1908.

The pendulum seems to match #13 (pg. 195)

It has an inscription with the date 1914.

I have not cleaned it up yet (except for a spot around the inscription to make it more visible in the picture).

The silver dial is in excellent shape. The rest of the clock looks like it needs a good cleaning, but nothing further.

Any additional info on this would be appreciated. Also, any thoughts to value would be welcomed.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
The back of the clock.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
The inscription: the first word is "Comp" I am guessing it is "Comp(liments) of the Bay Ridge Fishing Club, 6.7.14."

I don't know where Bay Ridge is, there are probably several. Do you think it was a give-a-way for some event, or a prize?

Tom

posted
Tom,

Another nice find!

Where is that inscription on the clock? To me it looks a little less than totally professional. I suspect it was an award of some type, biggest fish, etc.

See you in September at Dearborn?

Regards,

Posts: 179 | Location: Charlotte, Michigan U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2004
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Bruce,

The inscription is on the top of the base between the two pillars. It can just be seen in the first picture. I thought the engraving looked less than professional also.

Yes I will be at the Great Lakes Regional. Hope to see you there.

Tom

posted
Nice clock Tom.I like those old ones and the disc pendulum is nice to have.
I think i have seen similar clocks on Ebay like this go for around 200 to 300. Smile