Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Need Help-ID Vienna Regulator Clock From Picture? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Mark Nathanson
posted
Never looked into Vienna Regulator Clocks. A friend from the left coast sent me these pictures and said I can buy it from him, he bought it from a store. I want to make sure what he wants is worth the price. Can someone ID this clock so I can research it. Any information and direction would be appreciated. I do not have any books for these clocks. Thank you.

Posts: 206 | Location: Northern New York USA | Registered: January 06, 2006
Vienna Regulators
IHC Member 313
posted
last quarter 19th century.Looks like a Becker movement. case is rough. Hold out for a better one.Plenty of this type out there. watch ebay.

Posts: 287 | Location: Westlake, Ohio U.S.A. | Registered: January 11, 2004
posted
Mark, not sure about the finish on this clock, hard to tell from pictures but it looks like someone has applied a heavy stain to it. Sometimes these Vienna cases need a lot of repair from neglect, etc. I've had to reglue the corner joints where humidity would loosen the glue and the case would begin to sag toward the front. If you could buy it cheap, I personally wouldn't shy away from the purchase provided you wanted to tackled a "project".

Derek

Posts: 172 | Location: Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: July 06, 2004
posted
He is going to take pics of the movement. I asked him about the pendulum. He said it is very light and almost looks like a brushed metal(the bob). There is a brass holder for the cruth that has numbers on it and wood is painted black. Would a Vienna clock have a brass bob that would be shined? I will pass pics and info on movement. He wants $400 including shipping. Thanks.

posted
Posting Pics of clock. Said couldn't figure how to get dial off. There is a serial number listed on plate that is showing. It is 96958. Hopefully this helps. Could it be a Gebrüder Resch. Wouldn't that make it rare and worth it? As always, thanks:

Vienna Regulators
IHC Member 313
posted
Looks like a GB movement. No difference in price on this type of German regulator...all those makers are the same except for Lenzkirch.. 10 to 20 % more. Looks to have maintaining power. Mounted on a post system. Dial can be cleaned in a Ultra sonic or soaked to hide the dial cracks.Will give you the date of the movement when I get home this week. Looks like all the serial numbers will match. Nice clock to learn on. Price is slightly high for the shape.

Posts: 287 | Location: Westlake, Ohio U.S.A. | Registered: January 11, 2004
posted
I took off the movement. The back of movement says 20000 and 36858 and back plate has matching number.Thxs.

posted
Douglass Barr thanks for the effort. Could the case be redone to make it look a lot better? Thanks.

posted
Been doing a little research. The pendulum, movement, and back plate all have same number 36858 and movement has 20000. There is no other marking like remeber or anything. Is this normal for a Remeber clock? Thanks.