• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Clock Identification "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I can find no identifying markings on this clock. It has been sugested that it is a Waterbury, but I cannot find a similar clock or movement in Tran's book on Waterbury. Can someone help me with the identification?
Thanks,
Ken

Clock

Posts: 353 | Location: Nichols, New York in the USA | Registered: April 04, 2010
posted
Movement front

Posts: 353 | Location: Nichols, New York in the USA | Registered: April 04, 2010
posted
Movement back

posted
Ken,
At first glance the movement looks like a small New Haven movement. What is the case made of?
What are the measurements of the clock?
Also from the photos the "gingerbread" and feet on the clock look too new. A lot of times you can tell the make of a clock just from the feet but these do not look familiar.
The well made and heavy bezel and sash looks like Waterbury or Ansonia or possibly an early Seth.
I'll do some research on it.

Mike

Posts: 206 | Location: West Virginia in the USA | Registered: November 11, 2012
posted
I see now that it is a metal case. Gonna guess New Haven but will do some looking.

Mike

Posts: 206 | Location: West Virginia in the USA | Registered: November 11, 2012
posted
Mike, thanks for your suggestion. I looked in the New Haven book for a metal clock but did not find anything like this. However lookin on page 264 Mantel clocks marbloid you can see that this is definitely a New Haven. The bezel design is identical. Again, thanks.