Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

A Unique Advertising Clock! "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

In a sea of clocks, clocks and more clocks...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC President
Life Member
posted

This unique one really does stand out!

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC President
Life Member
posted

Twice a minute, a chime signals change...

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Those are great clocks Lindell! A great example of the changing advertising clocks. The one seen most often, although not that often, is the Sydney, with three rotating drums at the bottom.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Carlos Flores
posted
Lindell, Tom,
I like much the showing of this clock, chiming and changing the ad. I see that the pictures come from a mart, could you give an estimate of the price it can fetch?

Thanks, regards

Carlos Flores

Posts: 325 | Location: Near Mexico City, Mexico | Registered: July 05, 2003
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Carlos,
That is a good question. I don't know who made the clock, but I will try to track down the maker, and maybe a price. Maybe someone out there saw it and noticed the price, or knows what they go for.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC President
Life Member
posted

It's a Seth Thomas guys! The ad pages are changed by two number 10 movements.
Look carefully at the second image above for the two arbors on the right side.

Here's a view of this neat clock with the door open...

IHC President
Life Member
posted

Closer view with another interesting advertisement...

IHC President
Life Member
posted

Price of this interesting clock at Dearborn was $4,500.00

IHC President
Life Member
posted

That clock is so unusual, I sure hope others find it interesting as I do! Scroll to the top, check all the images closely.

Wink

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Lin,
Thanks for the pictures of the old ads. I really enjoy the advertising and graphics.

Tom

Picture of Carlos Flores
posted
Lin,
Thanks for the aditional pictures, for the explantion on the ad clock works and for getting the price.
It is a very interesting and very well preserved clock (seems), that is why I liked first, now about that price...

Posts: 325 | Location: Near Mexico City, Mexico | Registered: July 05, 2003