• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Another Morbier Clock "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have this Morbier clock, but it is different from most. It is time only with anchor escapement and central seconds hand. Any ideas when this was made?

The case is not original to the movement. It was adapted to fit.

Posts: 17 | Location: Liberty, Mississippi U.S.A. | Registered: September 06, 2004
Vienna Regulators
IHC Member 313
posted
Mid 19th century.They found a market for clock shops and jewlers that needed a accurate and inexpensive regulator so they could time watches and a courtesy for customers to set their watches. Several American clock companies cased this type of movement and sold them under their brand. Sounds like the modern day car companies....

Posts: 287 | Location: Westlake, Ohio U.S.A. | Registered: January 11, 2004
posted
Thank you Douglas for that information. We bought this clock in the early '70's and I remember my husband always refered to it as a "Jeweler's Regulator". The seller must have described it as such.

Do you know what American Companies sold these clocks and what the cases looked like? Did they look similar to mine?

Thanks again for this information,

Marilyn

Posts: 17 | Location: Liberty, Mississippi U.S.A. | Registered: September 06, 2004