Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

KEININGER Clock Manuals? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Moses Gingerich
posted
I have a need for a service manual for Keininger Clocks. Is there such a book published. I have been unable to find any such an item anywhere....

Thanks in advance.
Moses

Posts: 143 | Location: Waxhaw, North Carolina USA | Registered: March 31, 2005
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Moses,

I seem to recall S. LaRose had manuals, since they're gone this might be a good starting point...

And this resource looks especially worthwhile to me...

Clockworks of Westfield Massachusetts Website

Be sure to follow the tabs and perhaps call their toll-free number.

Report back and let us know how it goes.

Any other ideas? Smile

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Andy Krietzer
posted
I'm not sure of his name, but I think it's Mark Butterworth that sells replacement movements. He may have repair manuals or know which books would cover them. Steven Conover has a few books on chime clock repairs that may help.

Andy

So many clocks, so little time.

Posts: 1190 | Location: Indiana in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 25, 2002
posted
Moses,
Kieninger is owned by Howard Miller.
Contact Kurt DeJong at kdejonge@howardmiller.com
Howard Miller has an in house service department as well.
Best Regards,
Dick

Posts: 311 | Location: Berthoud, Colorado USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
posted
Moses,
Is there something specific you need for Kieninger movements?
Maybe one of the participants of this board may be able to help.
Dick

Posts: 311 | Location: Berthoud, Colorado USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
IHC Life Member
posted
Dick:

I was having problems with getting power to the hour strike train even after making sure the pivots we fine. Then I finally found that there was no end shake on the pivots of wheel no. 1 which prevented getting the train up to speed and stopping as soon as the hammers were being lifted. I corrected it and now it runs like a charm.
I had been working on this movement for some time, off and on, and it was quite frustrating, hence the question for service manual. It goes to show that the basics are so important and one has no reason to skip any part of the COA process. Thanks.
Moses

IHC Life Member
posted
Thanks all for your input. Lindell gave 2 links and the "Clockworks at Westfieldm Mass..." is the most helpful one. I will email both of them for assistance. I finally have it running strong, but the strike and chime trains are still just a bit sluggish.

I wonder if it is acceptable practice to remove the mainspring 'new grease' I just applied after cleaning and use a lighter oil in order to get a bit more power to the train? I am a bit reluctant to do that since the heavier grease is to protect the "heavy" spring and barrel, and possibly to keep lubricant there.

What say you?

This Chapter membership is the best money I have spent in a very long time!
Moses