Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

reverse lettering in gold "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 250
Picture of Sam Hansen
posted
Can anyone advise where I can get some reverse lettering in gold on clock glass? Large lettering on the front glass for a Seth Thomas #9 regulator (this is a very large clock) DO you know where I can order the lettering and put it on myself? Many thanks. Sam

Posts: 425 | Location: Washington State, Northwest USA | Registered: May 13, 2003
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

What did you want it to say Sam?

I ask because there are a few "transfers" available. What you refer to is "Gold-Leaf" painting which historically is performed by hand and in reverse through the expertise of a highly skilled sign painter. Today we see this grade of workmanship mainly on the glass windows of lawyer's offices. If you want something specialized try doing a little research, begin by calling sign painters in your local area. When done properly this is a multi-stage process, fairly expensive but well-worth doing right.

Lindell

Wink

"Standard Time" on Railroad Regulator...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 250
Picture of Sam Hansen
posted
Thanks Lin,

I will see if I can find a sign painter in my area as this will be large lettering and I wouldn't want a decal.

Regards,
Sam

Posts: 425 | Location: Washington State, Northwest USA | Registered: May 13, 2003