Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Clock Mainspring Winder "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Clock People,
Please check out my post 'Looking for Opinions' in the Horological Tools Forum.
Thanks,
Joe

Posts: 450 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri U.S.A. | Registered: October 10, 2004
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Joe,
thanks for the heads up. I missed it in the tool section. Comment and question has been posted there.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
I have posted 5 more pictures on the Tool Forum showing the operation of the winder. The chuck, which is the heart of this project is available from http://harborfreight.com for a regular price of $25.99. It is on sale often for $19.99. Harbor Freight item # 04486.
While I can't be sure without actually looking at one, I've only seen pictures, I believe this chuck could be modified to replace the tail stock of an Ollie Baker winder. Can someone who uses one give me the diameter and length of that piece?
Joe

Posts: 450 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri U.S.A. | Registered: October 10, 2004