Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

My new computer clock... just for fun "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1736
posted
Our Lead Electrician came in with his latest doodle... the guy is always doing something fun with old gear.

Posts: 2032 | Location: San Diego, California in the USA | Registered: August 30, 2012
IHC Member 1736
posted
Computer clock, pic2

Posts: 2032 | Location: San Diego, California in the USA | Registered: August 30, 2012
posted
Forgive me for making this my post first here - I haven't found an introductory area on this forum.

That I have to say, is a very novel way of re using a hard drive chassis. Am I correct in thinking that the disc is in fact one of the hard drive platters?

Regards

David

Posts: 72 | Location: Clacton On Sea, Essex, in the United Kingdom | Registered: March 15, 2014
IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
Dave,

Wherever your first post comes up is your introduction area. Welcome aboard and enjoy your time here. I am sure you will find it informative as well as entertaining.

Steve

Posts: 1980 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2008
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Welcome aboard David,
You'll be glad you joined. There is a wealth of informed members here.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
Dave welcome.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Member 1736
posted
Welcome aboard David,

I just kept the platters out of my old computers... but looks like Jerry re-purposed the entire drive.

Poke around in the research forums... There is a ton of information available on site and links to dozens of other sites.

If looking for a particular area of interest, try the pull down search engine by topic.

and, when all else fails, expose the white underside of your belly and post a question for all of us to chew on.

Try not to forget to feed the kids and say hi to the wife once in awhile.

Paul

IHC Member 1902
posted
Welcome aboard David. You will find this a very friendly place full of folks who are more than willing to help you with any problems you may have. All the best for your ongoing membership.

Posts: 575 | Location: Walsall in the United Kingdom | Registered: December 19, 2013
IHC Member 1902
posted
Paul I think that's good use of old computer bits and quite a conversation piece.

There are quite few people you could convince that it was computer powered without needing a power supply. And accurate for eternity. Your colleague should start marketing them.

The one problem I can see is the dust traps. Another job for my ever suffering Wife!

I do like the card holder facility.

Posts: 575 | Location: Walsall in the United Kingdom | Registered: December 19, 2013