Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Colonail Clock Zeeland,MICH "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Colonail Clock Zeeland,MICH

I found a Colonial Clock Company Grandfather Clock
model#1657 in a friend's house. Does anyone have any clues as to circa manufacture date? I understand they made cabinets and purchased movements for their use. Someone told me this one could be circa 1930's No key wind you have to open the cabinet door and reset the weights by hand.

cheyenne56

Posts: 40 | Location: New Jersey in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2015
posted
The movement is marked Enfield Made in England
Colonial calls the movement model 44 on a cardboard tag but the movement itself has no model details.

cheyenne56

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Andrew,
A picture of the movement, weights, and pendulum would help.
It's a very nice case! And Enfield would be a quality movement.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
posted
Dave will get better photos to help identify the clock but these are all I have at this time.

cheyenne56

posted
Once I figure out how to add additional photos to a posting Frown

cheyenne56

Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Andrew,

Extremely large images cannot be viewed by those with slower internet connections or smaller screens. Due to those considerations and to avoid overloading storage capacity our system is set up to not accept poster size images.

>> Proper size: 640 X 480 Pixels
>> Resolution: approximately 72 Pixels/Inch

Click here: How to Photograph Your Watches and Clocks

In there you will find information about sizing your images and posting them on our site.

Click these other links:

HELP IN POSTING IMAGES FOR HOSTING ON OUR IHC185 DISCUSSION SITE

PICASA - EXCELLENT FREE IMAGE PROGRAM

Only one image per post works the best using the "Post Now" button.

We discourage outside hosting images often they get deleted (see Ethan Lipsig's October 17, 2011 post). We are creating an historical archive on our site and prefer to have them hosted here.

In the past when members have up loaded to free image hosting sites, we often see the attached image below, which can be very frustrating when someone is researching a particular watch.

Hope this information helps,

Debbie

Smile

Posts: 5202 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
posted
Dr. Deb thanks so much!!

cheyenne56

posted
I did read that Enfield movements from 1949 forward were marked Enfield-Smith so this should be prior to 1949. The family says parents have had it since 1946 but unknown if they bought it new or used at that time.

cheyenne56

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Clock #1

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
clock #2

Dave Turner

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
clock #3

Dave Turner

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
clock #4

Dave Turner