Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Atomic/Radio Controlled Clocks "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Donald E. Jones
posted
I just purchased a couple of LaCrosse atomic clocks. One of these clocks resets itself occasionally, not by seconds, but by going through an entire 12, or maybe a 24 hour cycle. It has done this several times. I have never seen the other one do this except when the battery was initially installed. Strange! I also noticed these are not ordinary quartz movements with a radio controlled feature added. Instead of movimg smoothly with the second hand, the minute hand moves/jumps every 15 seconds. Interesting! They were inexpensive as well, about $10.00 through Ebay. Anyone else here have experience with these clocks?

D. E. Jones

Posts: 73 | Location: Sulphur Springs, Texas USA | Registered: June 29, 2006
posted
I have one in Flagstaff. It IS quartz and it has a lot of features besides the atomic-clock feature, so I like it. I especially like the indoor/outdoor thermometer that reads the outside temperature from a remote, wireless transmitter.

But... it has NEVER reset itself. I think that the signal is insufficient in Flagstaff. Sam's Club sells a lot of them but I have never had anyone tell me that the atomic-clock function works.

Posts: 986 | Location: Flagstaff, Arizona USA | Registered: June 19, 2005
Picture of Clyde Roper
posted
I have a battery powered digital model that shows "wave ok" on the display after it has gotten an updated radio signal. It also has the temperature thermometer feature, which is neat.

The radio signal from Colorado is evidently not too strong here in NC, as the manual re-set button seems to work sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. Roll Eyes

Posts: 203 | Location: North Carolina in the USA | Registered: December 05, 2006
Picture of Donald E. Jones
posted
On the LaCrosse website, they show a number of digital clocks, the ones I have are analog.

D. E. Jones

Posts: 73 | Location: Sulphur Springs, Texas USA | Registered: June 29, 2006