Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

My new (to me) Chelsea Claremont "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1016
posted
I recently got a bug for ship's bells and Chelsea in particular. I purchased a set, that I was told by a Chelsea expert, is a Claremont. It was pretty rough when I got it but a tremendous amount of Brasso and other cleaners applied multiple times after removal of the old lacquer produced what I think is a nice piece sitting on my mantel. What do others think?

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
IHC Member 1016
posted
Another of the barometer itself.

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
IHC Member 1016
posted
I'll try again with the image of the clock and barometer from above. This unit was purchased by the original owner in 1947. I believe it was manufactured a year or so before.

Picture of Peter Kaszubski
posted
Very nice pick Mike.

Posts: 4395 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: July 23, 2011
IHC Member 1016
posted
I had trouble resizing this one but here is the clock part. Thanks Peter.

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
just the timekeeper for an Oregon sailor Mike,LOL,but it is absolutely lovely Wink very nice job cleaning it up Big Grin and I wish it were mine Smile

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 1016
posted
Thanks Tom. You really can't appreciate how different is looks now, an, I did not take before photos. As a time keeper it seems to be very good. The chimes work well and are not too loud so it's a keeper for now.