Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

A little help please "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Stephen L. Carey
posted
Does anyone have a clear picture of the back glass on this Hamilton Mianture, I can not seem to find one. I know this glass is beveled and has some etching. A good photo would help me.

Posts: 35 | Location: Jacksonville Florida in the USA | Registered: August 28, 2007
posted
another shot

Posts: 35 | Location: Jacksonville Florida in the USA | Registered: August 28, 2007
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Stephen,
I don't have any examples or pictures of that one. My guess would be that if there is a design on the front glass, the back would follow the same design.

Hopefully someone will have one and be able to show a good picture of what the back glass should be.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Thanks Tom, I was guessing the same. I was curious if there was some type of handle on the back glass that alloed it to open for winding and setting?

posted
Stephen,

It is quite possible that the back panel was polished brass instead of glass. I have seven 400 day clocks in a similar style case. Everyone of them has a brass back panel.

Joe

Posts: 450 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri U.S.A. | Registered: October 10, 2004
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Very good thought Joe. I also have several like that. If it indeed was glass it may have had no design at all.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Thank you Joe and Tom. This one is staying in the house, so I will have to make a decision on the back. A brass back would give it the mantal look while a glass one would give it a latern one. I guess this would be a choice for the wife. It will be her clock. Thank you both. I did find photos on the internet afer some hours of search. Both, ideas you gave were there.