Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Yet Another Clock. "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
I'm in deep ???? ,Bought another Clock ,This one is an 8ins English Dial with Cillett Bland& Co .CROYDON on the face, it has a very heavy Fusee movement and a large cast brass bezel with a bevelled edge glass. I Emailed Editor of Clocks magazine for any info' on it, just had reply, Gillett Bland & co Clockmakers CROYDON 1860-1870. later GILLETT JOHNSON still trading TURRET CLOCK makers and repairers still in Croydon .( Suburb of London not far from Heathrow airport). Rather pleased with acquisition, I may check further for any info' I can get hold of. I will try and take pic's. GED. Smile Smile

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Ged,
That sounds like a great clock. I don't have any fusee clocks. My collection is mostly American, and to get one of the few American fusee clocks is quite pricey.

I will be looking forward to seeing the pictures of this clock and the car clock.

Tom Seymour
NAWCC# 41293
IHC Executive V.P.

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Here goes keep your fingers crossed[IMG]New Clocks [IMG]New Clocks DSC00042[/IMG]

Fusee Clock

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
I hope you appreciate that it has taken my wife most of the day to send my first picture so here goes with number two[IMG]new clocks[/IMG][IMG]New Clocks DSC00043[/IMG]