• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Ansonia w/ Chemung Case "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Any information on this case would be appreciated.
I have seen many Bonn and other cases but never a Chemung. I think it may of come from the Chemung Valley in New York but can find no information on that. Anyone have the book?

Geo
NAWCC #78594
Local Chapter #76

Ansonia China

Posts: 111 | Location: Sellersville, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: December 24, 2002
posted
Second Photo

Geo
NAWCC #78594
Local Chapter #76

Chemung

Posts: 111 | Location: Sellersville, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: December 24, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Geo,
I have looked in the Ansonia book and can find no information about Chemung. The only porcelain case maker mentioned by name is Royal Bonn.

If i find out anything i will post it. Maybe someone else has more info.

Tom Seymour
NAWCC #41293
IHC #104
IHC Exec.V.P.

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Tom is right it is not in the Ansonia book. I could not find it in any of my books but Chemung is the model name not the manufacture's name. There are many models tht never saw the light of day in a catalog for numerous reasons. In this case the best way to determine the maker is study the dial and see what other maker's clocks use that particular design.

William Mittelstadt

Posts: 94 | Location: Sheboygan, Wisconsin USA | Registered: August 24, 2003
posted
Thanks Tom and William...I will post a couple more pictures. It does have the Ansonia movement in it and also "CHEM" scratched in the case.

Another mystery. Maybe I will find something else when it is cleaned up a little.

Geo
NAWCC #78594
Local Chapter #76

posted
photo

Geo
NAWCC #78594
Local Chapter #76

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
That is a dial that Ansonia used. Below is a photo of an Ansonia shelf clock with what seems to me, to be the dial you have on your clock.

Tom Seymour
NAWCC #41293
IHC #104
IHC Exec.V.P.

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
The Ansonia bezel and hands will be hard to find but I will restore to that point and wait for the right "original" parts. Still, a nice find for a flea market these days....What do you think?

Geo
NAWCC #78594
Local Chapter #76

Dial

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
There was a lot of mix and match with dials and cases. The dial you have may well be original. Is there anything to let you think otherwise?
I think it is a very good find, and a project that will be rewarding when completed.

Tom Seymour
NAWCC #41293
IHC #104
IHC Exec.V.P.

posted
Tom...I think the dial is original but you can see that the bezel ring and hinge are missing. I will have to wait to find them before the project can be completed.

Geo
NAWCC #78594
Local Chapter #76