• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

CORD ATTACHMENT "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have a question about the overwind prevention apparatus on Becker 2-wt Vienna regulators. Is the cord supposed to pass through the slot in the preventers or pass by the side as it goes to the wheel? I think the preventer is supposed to stop the pulley and keep it from jamming against the wheel. There is a hole on one side of the preventer for the cord to be run through and knotted and a wide slot in the middle of the preventer.

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
posted
John,
I have a GB two weight that just arrived from Sweden. The weight cord/gut does not pass through the overwind protector. The cord is guided by the position of the hook on the bottom of the movement where the "dead" end of the cord is attached. As the clock is wound toward maximum, the fork in the protector catches the rising pulley and locks it in the "V".
This will make no sense to someone who has never seen one.
Regards,
Dick Feldman

Posts: 311 | Location: Berthoud, Colorado USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
posted
Thanks, makes sense to me. I think they could have left them off and caused a lot less grief. It's much simpler to make a loop in the end of the cord and hang it on the hook on the plate.

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Hi, Just looked at mine, I didn't know they were there. The dead end of my lines are just looped onto the hooks on the base, and every thing works okay, My single weight doesn't have them on it, are these Protector features peculiar to Gustav Becker's. My Single Weight although a well made and very attractive clock has no name on it. Regards ,Ged. Smile

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003