• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Self Winding Clock "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
My latest auction find. It is a Self Winding Clock with an 18 inch marble dial and a bronze rim with raised bronze numerals. I found it in pieces at an auction and had a local carpenter make the third band circle and put the case together. I think he did an excellent job.
Does anyone know how to test a Self Winding Model F movement, or know of someone that can? I would love to get this piece running.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Posts: 353 | Location: Nichols, New York in the USA | Registered: April 04, 2010
posted
Here is a picture of the case and movement. The three bands of the case are made of four quadrants that are dovetailed together. He had to make the third band and rabbit it out so that the back fit inside. If I cannot get someone to check/fix this movement, would someone have a Model F movement?

Posts: 353 | Location: Nichols, New York in the USA | Registered: April 04, 2010
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Nice clock!

Try this:

http://www.prc68.com/I/SWCC.shtml

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Ken,
Just sent you a PDF file on these clocks showing several nice marble dials.

Dave

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
posted
Dave, thanks for the information. I am looking forward to getting this clock back together.

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Glad to hear that. Your clock is very nice and well worth the restoration.

Dave Turner

posted
Thanks to help from Tim Poovey and a repairman that he knows, the movement is restored and fitted with a D cell battery supply. I now have to make up four bolts with diamond shaped heads that will match the ones on the dial, so that I can attach the marble dial.

IHC Member 1725
posted
Hi Ken,
Glad to see the progress of your clock coming together. These clocks are great time keepers due to the frequent and continuous self winding of the clock. In my opinion they are as good as most weight driven clocks.
You have a very nice and rare clock due to the dial material, one that most of us will never have chance to own.
This is one of the best things we have about our club here at IHC is helping out each other. I was glad to have the chance to help you out, it was MY PLEASURE!!!!!
Best regards,
Tim

Posts: 376 | Location: Conover, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: July 07, 2012