Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Waterbury Clock Movement "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Wayne C. Anderson
posted
Would anyone be able to identify this movement? It was removed from a Tambour case....Thanks

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002
posted
other view.

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002
Picture of Greg Reeves
posted
First of all...no, I don't recall seeing a movement like that.

What are the dimensions of the movement? It looks small if it fit in a Tambor.

Posts: 497 | Location: Genoa, New York U.S.A. | Registered: November 06, 2003
posted
On the back its marked "Made in USA by Waterbury Clock Co", and "Patd May 24, 1910, Jan 23, 1917, Jan 29, 1918, June 3, 1924". The size is approx 5" high and 3.5" wide" I obtained it with no dial, hands. It was removed from this Tambour case:

posted
Tucked in one end of the case was a small paper label "Ridgeway" "Made in USA Waterbury Clock Co., Waterbury, Conn. Also marked on it was "DUOTONE", so it appears I have identified this clock....now my search is for a suitable bezel/dial/hands for this clock......Thanks

posted
In similar clocks it is called a 'bim bam' movement because of the two tones that it makes when it strikes.
Mike C.

Posts: 152 | Location: Telford, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: May 21, 2005