Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

OK, "Clock Guys" what is this rascal? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted
Hi Everyone, This eMail came to IHC World Headquarters the other day. Thought I'd post it for reference only. See what you think...

Dear Mr. Riddle,

As professional sharing your interest and love for time measuring devices all along the past centuries, I like to show you the picture of a rare unique piece that has a meaning for its historical-artistic stand. It is a nocturnal clock realized by an expert ebanist and clock builder around the second half of XVII century for, very likely, a member of the Chigi Family in Rome under the pontificate of Alexander VII.

This clock, as well as the others, are for sale. So you can also express your interest to buy it for you or for a person or institution you represent.

You can see the other clocks on this web site:
http://www.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.jsp?&collid=81131685605&page=1&sort_order=0

Best regards,

Giuseppe Spagnolo

Borgo degli Albizi 11,
50122 Firenze
Italy
Tel. +39 380 5316279

Below, the interesting image attached to the eMail above...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
How much?

Mike Nardick
NAWCC # 144409
IHC Charter Member 26
Member Allegheny Chapter 37
mikena32@comcast.net

Posts: 267 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 234
Picture of Jim Cope
posted
...YIKES!!!...see the builder left no 'do-dad' unturned...Smile...Jim C

Posts: 872 | Location: Kingsville, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 16, 2003
posted
Lindell,

Knowing you, I think you have already requested additional pictures and information on this one.
Let us know what you discover.

Phil Dellinger
NAWCC# 157070
IHC Life Member (L12)

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted
No Phil, I'm already over-extended on recent pocket-watch purchases. I even bought another one today! Cash flow? It's all out, wanna buy a watch or two?

Keep you eye on our On-Site Auctions!

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002