• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

seth thos #58 sonora "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Need info on how time and strike mvmt mounted to case. Iron plates were used between mvmt and case for most, was the 58 mvmt mounted directly to case? A picture of insides would be much appreciated. Also on the 8-bell chime mvmt, what # movement was used? I saw the ones in Trans' Seth Thos books, but don't see anything that would answer my questions. Mike

Posts: 152 | Location: Telford, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: May 21, 2005
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Mike,
Fortune smiles upon you.
Please check THIS previous thread on Sonora chimes. Scroll down a bit to Bill Middlestadt's clock.

That is a beautiful clock.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Thanks Tom, I did see that pic but thought since it was not an 8-bell the mount for the t+s mvmt might be different because of the larger nest of bells taking up more room. Would it? Have you or anyone else out there seen an 8-bell in this #58 case? Yes Tom-a beautiful case. My case and dial is in excellent condition. Need the rest real bad!! Thanks, Mike.

Posts: 152 | Location: Telford, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: May 21, 2005