Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Bank Timers "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Dave,
I know nothing about bank timers. I have had these two laying around for awhile. Your post in another thread indicated you might be able to help me find out more about these.

Here is what I know. I have not cleaned them yet, but as soon as I started winding, they took off. A good sign.

The movements aremarked Seth Thomas, and look like No.10s that have been modified.

The movements are marked "Thomaston" so I would presume before 1865. (CORRECT THAT TO BE AFTER 1865)

The sides of the cases are not highly finished so I supposed they were built into something.

Any information on them would be appreciated.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
picature 2

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
The movements are marked differently, so I would suppose one is older than the other.

Tom

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
The, I think, interesting 24 hour dial. Also note at the bottom of the dial are the instructions to "Wind twice a week".

Tom

Picture of Andy Krietzer
posted
Hi Tom,
Wasn't the town name Plymoth Hollow first, then changed to Thomaston in 1865?

I have one very similar to these, and I'll try to post some pictures here one day. I don't know anything about them either.

Andy

Posts: 1190 | Location: Indiana in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 25, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Frown Mad Confused Roll Eyes Big Grin

Of course that is right. Thanks for the correction.

Tom

posted
When I first got the 2 models that I have, I did some searching for information. Unfortunately, I found very little other than a couple of mentions in the Bulletin. I do seem to recall coming up with a date around 1910. I'll look through my notes tonight to see if I have any more info. Hopefully I'll at least have written something down to remind myself how I came up with this date.

Posts: 331 | Location: Camarillo, California USA | Registered: May 03, 2005
posted
Here's another interesting bit from the Charlevoix Sentinel on May 1, 1906:

"The Charlevoix State Savings Bank has recently installed at great expense an electrical system of protection against burglary. Believing that every citizen of this town and county, must be interested in such matters, the company that makes these systems has arranged to give a public demonstration next Saturday, May 5, Mr. C. D. O'Kieffe representing the factory. The American Bank Protection Co. will be at the bank all day and the working of the entire system will be shown to all who call."

Posts: 331 | Location: Camarillo, California USA | Registered: May 03, 2005