Internet Horology Club 185
Question from a clock newbie....

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9886029761/m/2803934667

October 03, 2011, 12:25
John Kennedy
Question from a clock newbie....
Good day. I'm a wrist watch guy and know nothing about clocks except what I glean from my few reference works. Gotta hand it to you experts... so many variables to consider in the antique clock world. But anyway. My friend may have a Joseph Taylor long case; it is virtually identical to the one in Husfloen's Antique Trader Clocks Price Guide, 2003, pg. 69. He says that he cannot find a maker name anywhere on it. Having some apprecication for the vagaries, where would we look in general, or in particular for a Taylor clock? Any other references sources you could recommend? Money is tight for my pal and we would like to get the real 411 on this beauty before we try to sell it. No pix just now, perhaps in the very near future. TIA for all your input.
Jack K.
October 03, 2011, 17:28
Eddie G. Hines
hello john, joseph taylor was a scottish clockmaker from perth, recently 2 of his clocks at bonhams for 1175 b.p. and 672 b.p. i hope this helps you. eddie
October 04, 2011, 10:24
John Kennedy
Hi Eddie - thanks for the reply. I should have been a bit clearer. The clock in Husfloen's book was made by a Joseph Taylor in York, Pennsylvania.