• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Question from a clock newbie.... "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Good day. I'm a wrist watch guy and know nothing about clocks except what I glean from my few reference works. Gotta hand it to you experts... so many variables to consider in the antique clock world. But anyway. My friend may have a Joseph Taylor long case; it is virtually identical to the one in Husfloen's Antique Trader Clocks Price Guide, 2003, pg. 69. He says that he cannot find a maker name anywhere on it. Having some apprecication for the vagaries, where would we look in general, or in particular for a Taylor clock? Any other references sources you could recommend? Money is tight for my pal and we would like to get the real 411 on this beauty before we try to sell it. No pix just now, perhaps in the very near future. TIA for all your input.
Jack K.

Posts: 25 | Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: December 18, 2007
posted
hello john, joseph taylor was a scottish clockmaker from perth, recently 2 of his clocks at bonhams for 1175 b.p. and 672 b.p. i hope this helps you. eddie

Posts: 140 | Location: St. Paul, Minnesota in the USA | Registered: June 11, 2008
posted
Hi Eddie - thanks for the reply. I should have been a bit clearer. The clock in Husfloen's book was made by a Joseph Taylor in York, Pennsylvania.

Posts: 25 | Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: December 18, 2007