Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Atmos Clock (Help adjusting locking mechanism?) "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
Hi All,

I bought an Atmos Clock a couple of weeks ago from a place in New Orleans. I walked them through locking the pendulum in place and packing. The clock made the trip fine, but I did notice the pendulum weight was spinning when I opened the box. It appears the pendulum lock is only keeping it from moving all over the place and not locking it in place. Does anyone have info on how to adjust that locking mechanism?

Bruce Byrd

Posts: 888 | Location: San Diego, California USA | Registered: December 27, 2002
IHC Life Member
posted
Bruce,

The Atmos is a very delicate clock. The lever should be moved only when the pendulum is at one extreme or the other of rotation. Same with moving the minute hand to set it...and only clockwise. There is a cam under the pendulum with a set screw. That is probably where the problem is. If the pendulum wasn't locked during shipping and was allowed to spin, I would be very afraid of damage.

Posts: 1078 | Location: Ticonderoga, New York USA | Registered: March 01, 2008