• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

International Time Recorder Clock "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I just received this clock in for "restoration". It now has an old style battery operated movement that has stopped working. I am going to guess that it might originally have had an electro magnetic movement in it.
A paper inside the clock says:
Style No. 34-47 S/N 411013
24 VDC Nov 25, 1930
My customer would like an original style movement placed in it, so I am hoping that someone can tell me what was original to this case.

Posts: 353 | Location: Nichols, New York in the USA | Registered: April 04, 2010
posted
Closeup of dial. If any other pictures are needed, please ask.

Posts: 353 | Location: Nichols, New York in the USA | Registered: April 04, 2010
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Nice clock, I'm thinking Seth Thomas #86 movement.

I've got that movement in a Lobby clock and it's one of the best running clocks in my opinion.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
posted
Dave, I a positive that this was a battery operated clock, both from what is on a paper in the clock and the fact that there are no holes in the dial.

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Ken,
Yes, I think you are absolutely correct.
Not sure where I got the Seth idea, but I think there were some movements early on that weren't. (battery operated)

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
IHC Member 1541
Picture of Lorne Wasylishen
posted
Ken, I wish I could, but I can't help you a bit.

I did find out that ITR was the forerunner of IBM and watched a 30 min. video of an ITR Punch Clock restoration. Not at all like your clock but good fun to watch. This guy knows his stuff.

Utube Punch Clock Restoration

No wonder my friends call me a geek. Smile

Posts: 2093 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: March 02, 2011
posted
Hi Ken,I just Did a search on Google and there is quite a bit of info on line.I typed in "International Time Recording Co.Clocks"and came up all kinds of sites.There are a lot of collectors out there that would probably be glad to help you with info on the clock.Regards.Norm

Posts: 484 | Location: Georgia in the United States | Registered: August 04, 2010