• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Welch Little Grip "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
A customer brought this in to me and I thought it was a little funky. I looked it up in Tran's Welch book and found that it was introduced in the 1891 timeframe. The hole that would have been top center, through which a screw would have held the two halves together, is broken. There is not much to be done with the paper dial that is spotted and dirty. It measures 3x5 inches.

Posts: 353 | Location: Nichols, New York in the USA | Registered: April 04, 2010
posted
I need to make a knob to be able to set the time

Posts: 353 | Location: Nichols, New York in the USA | Registered: April 04, 2010
posted
It does not seem that this was made to be disassembled, so cleaning it will present some issues. It does look to be a well made movement.

Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted
Interesting item! Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 5203 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
IHC Member 1892
posted
Hi Ken: Nice little piece. Is the case covered in shagreen or is it just embossed metal?

Posts: 361 | Location: Kincardine, Ontario in Canada | Registered: November 25, 2013
posted
I think it is a cast bronze piece