Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Seth Thomas at a local auction "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Andy Krietzer
posted
I just got this clock at a local auction out in the country (the kind of auction I really like). This picture is borrowed from the auction website. Can you tell me anything about the model? It has a Seth Thomas movement with an 1875(?) date on it. The case looks like it may be Walnut, Mahogany, or Rosewood (it is reddish color, but not real dark, probably not rosewood). I think it is called a parlor clock, not a kitchen clock. The glass looks original, and the dial is shown removed.

Is this shown in the Seth Thomas book?

I haven't even got home yet, I need to inspect it closer.

Big Grin Andy Big Grin

Seth Thomas 1875

Posts: 1190 | Location: Indiana in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 25, 2002
Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Hi Andy, The Lyre shaped movement plates call to mind a research project Tom Spittler was carrying out some time ago. Sorry can't remember timesclale, Iv'e seen these shaped plates recently. Regards ged

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Andy,
That is the "Newark". It is part of the Seth Thomas City Series. It was made in 1894. The lyre movement is a nice added touch.

Tran Duy Ly's book gives it a value of $550.00

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Andy Krietzer
posted
Thanks Tom,

I'm glad nobody at the auction had that price guide. Big Grin

Andy

Posts: 1190 | Location: Indiana in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 25, 2002