Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Night Light Clock "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 206
Picture of Wynter Sturtevant
posted
I'm really just playing with the camera. Cool

Posts: 96 | Location: Coulterville, California USA | Registered: February 08, 2003
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
What is that!

Nice picture!!!!!

Tom Seymour
NAWCC# 41293
IHC Executive V.P.

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 206
Picture of Wynter Sturtevant
posted
Good evening Tom,

It's a dry cell night light that shines the time on the ceiling. It has a small brass mech. movement with a dial. You press the button on the cord and a light reflects the time through the lens and shows it on the ceiling.

I'm not a clock guy but just liked the look of this piece.

Posts: 96 | Location: Coulterville, California USA | Registered: February 08, 2003
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted
You always come up with something amazing!

Thanks Wynter, your images are getting even better, keep them coming. We all look forward to your posts.

Dr. Deborah L. Irvine

Chapter 185 Administrative Secretary
Chapter 185 Membership and Mart Coordinator
IHC Life Member (L4) 164

Smile

Posts: 5222 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
posted
It's an Eveready. It has a windup alarm clock. The dial is celluloid. Just behind the dials are two flashlight bulbs. Two batteries go in the base. When you press the button on the bulb, the light shines through the dial, and into a mirror in front of the dial. The mirror is at a 45 degree angle, and shines the time straight up, through the lens on top, onto the ceiling. I think other makers also made these clocks. It does work, but only if you have very good vision. In the late 60's, or early 70's a company brought out a more modern version, claiming it was a new idea. These are quite scarce.

Posts: 131 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: February 12, 2003
posted
Here's an image of my projection clock. They do seem to be the same. But there are many variations. I also have a device like this, that is a pocket watch holder. It has a flashlight bulb attached to a push button switch. At night, you can press the button, and see the time on your pocket watch dial. I also have some Darche clocks. They were an alarm clock, hooked to batteries. By flipping the switch one way, you could press the button, and light up the dial. By flipping the switch the other way, you could press the switch, and ring the bell. The batteries were also wired to the alarm. They advertised the clock would ring the alarm for 32 hours on a full charge. Having heard that clock ring the alarm, you would have to be deceased to let it go more than ten seconds. Very loud.

posted
Here's another variation. I borrowed this image from the site of Old Father Time Clocks. Not really sure how this one works.