Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Ingraham Treasure Island Banjo "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1725
posted
Hello Gentleman,
My wife bought me this clock several years ago and I thought I would post some pictures. It was made in 1934. It is a duplex 2-rod (Bim-bam) strike. It is suppose to have been issued to commemorate MGM's movie Treasure Island which was also released in 1934.

Posts: 376 | Location: Conover, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: July 07, 2012
IHC Member 1725
posted
Face has a little flaking.

Posts: 376 | Location: Conover, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: July 07, 2012
IHC Member 1725
posted
Close-up face

IHC Member 1725
posted
Eagle

IHC Member 1725
posted
Map to the treasure on throat.

IHC Member 1725
posted
Pirates finding the treasure on tablet.

IHC Member 1725
posted
open view, bottom door.
Any comments, hope you like!!

Best Regards,
Tim

Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

Very interesting!

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Smile

Posts: 5220 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Nice old Banjo - looks like you've taken very good care of it.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
IHC Member 1725
posted
Sorry for burning up everyone's computer with all the pictures I've been posting, but many thanks to Debbie and Dave for their comments.
Best Regards,
Tim

IHC Member 1541
Picture of Lorne Wasylishen
posted
That's pretty cool Tim.

I've seen the movie and loved the TV series when I was kid. Even bought some DVD's of the show but it wasn't quite the same.

A few years ago I came across a book which I guess would be called a fictional autobiography which I found to be very good..

Long John Silver: The true & eventful History of my Life of Liberty & Adventure as a Gentleman of Fortune & Enemy to Mankind

Posts: 2093 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: March 02, 2011
posted
Tom, I must say another interesting clock. I think it looks great. Not something you see everyday, very nice graphics. God bless your wife.

Posts: 100 | Location: Maryland in the USA | Registered: April 10, 2013
IHC Member 1725
posted
Hi Mario,

Thanks for the nice comments* I'm sure there are more treasures down in Florida to be found. You are right it is a fairly rare clock that you don't see often.

Best Regards,
Tim