Tools
Reply to Post

Lux Cat Clocks . . . "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
I did a site search and didn't find anything, so I'll come right out and ask ...

I'm a clock novice thinking of getting a nice Lux cat clock to go in my kitchen, the kind with the moving eyes and tail pendulum.

Any advice or sources of information I can get on the most collectible types, things to watch out for, values, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Ed,
A small step into clockworld! Wink

Tran's book : AMERICAN CLOCKS Volume 3 has a whole section on Lux clocks.

Here is one of the pages.

(Posted with permission.)

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Bruce Byrd
posted
I have only seen the newer plastic battery powered ones (ya know the elvis swinging hip ones). Would these types of clocks be considered rare?

Bruce Byrd

Posts: 888 | Location: San Diego, California USA | Registered: December 27, 2002
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
posted
Thanks so much for the info! The clock I pictured above, which is also shown on the book page you posted, is on eBay right now. I think I will have a go at it, as long as it doesn't get too pricey:

Click here to view Lux cat clock auction

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
posted
Hi Ed,

FWIW Tran's 2002 price guide listed clock # 670 at $325.
Sure suprised me!

Joe

Posts: 450 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri U.S.A. | Registered: October 10, 2004
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
posted
Thanks for the info. I was just looking for a cute little character clock for my kitchen -- I had no idea they were so pricey! Eek

Best Regards,

Ed