Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Clock identification "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Wayne C. Anderson
posted
Would anyone know the model number of this clock? Its identified in a bill of sale as "Fine porcelain, Ansonia clock-works" - no size or other photo's shown. Thanks

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Wayne, How tall is it?

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Tom,
No size or height on the bill of sale....listed on an estate bill of sale being held a hundred miles away from me.....tying to decide if I want to attend this auction..this is the only clock listed.

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002
Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Wayne,
I have looked through Tran's Ansonia book. There were 65 pages of porcelain clocks., but I could not find a match for yours.

Tom

Posts: 2537 | Location: Mount Angel, Oregon in the U.S.A. | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Tom,
Thanks for looking...I don't have a copy of Tran's Ansonia book...but hoping to receive one as a xmas gift.....we are under an blizzard warning here, so trying to find out information about this clock before tying to attend the auction later this week.

Picture of Tom Seymour
posted
Good luck with the blizzard!! If you do get to the auction, check to see if the case is marked "Royal Bonn". Those are generally higher quality and more desirable. Prices have been strong on these and usually can get $400 and up when sold in a shop or Mart. Auction price should bring less. I am assuming it is not one of the smaller ones (5 -7 inches high).
Have fun at the auction. Laura and I go to as many as we can, and you never know what to expect.

Tom

posted
Wayne,
Usually the Ansonia porcelain clocks are "Royal Bonn" and the cases were made in Germany. I have found the name to be on the bottom of the porcelain case. In addition the name is likely "La _ _ _ ."
From what I have seen, the blue ones bring the big bucks at sales. I think some have open escapements and some do not.
You mentioned that the sale is 100 miles away. Depending where you live in Nebraska, and which way, the sale may be near here.
Best Regards,
Dick Feldman
Berthoud, Colorado

Posts: 311 | Location: Berthoud, Colorado USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
posted
By the way, that blizzard is a reality here. All of the schools are closed, most flights have been cancelled and the roads are a mess. The wind is howling and they say we may get 18+ inches out of this storm. The only consolation is that the snow melts quickly and the motorcycles will likely be out again by the weekend.
It is said that if you don't like Colorado weather, just wait about 4 hours.
Dick

posted
Maybe I spoke too soon. The Denver airport is closed as are all of the roads leading to it. There are 2-3000 people stranded at the airport and they do not expect to fly out of there till tomorrow evening.
Under all of this snow, is my 1948 Willys Jeep.
Dick

posted
Ice here early this evening: